May 6, 2007

Tourists and Ghosts

I was born at the tail end of the baby boom in 1951. I am a child of the God is Dead Generation. When we had an upsurge of ghost activities in my home back in 1969, we went to our Episcopal Church in town expecting help. This was before the Exorcist and Amityville were books or films. Our minister was delighted. He wanted to meet these entities. Say it with me, folks, "That's just crazy!" It was a pretty discouraging experience for me. My minister wanted to be a tourist to my own personal hell. After all, no one in the 60s believed in mainstream religion. Now NPR has BlueGrass Sundays, religious music is sung and written in a popular genre, and ghost questing has actually become touristy enough for the Commerce Department to certify. Gahhh, "O mores, o tempore" So I know, I know, this is a blog on my personal quest dealing with pain by finding acceptance but I didn't expect so much company on the quest for spirituality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.