May 16, 2007

Phantom Feelings

Phantom Feelings happen whenever my un-crinkle somatic coach works on a group of muscles that feel dead to me. Prickly, prickly, prickly sensations start unfolding from muscles that froze however many years ago. I feel like a porcupine today - a day after our last session. It is almost as if the last group of muscles is still triggering responses to the work. And believe me it is work. I am beginning to be reacquainted with my physical self so I do know from where I speak when I mentioned earlier that we Americans refuse to recognize our physical/animal selves. Perhaps denying our animal-ness, it is easier to eat slaughtered meat. Perhaps it is just a part of modern life where we don't have to engage our physical selves to get to work. We use cars, bikes, trains, subways more often in urban areas. All I know is that I am beginning to unfreeze and that is an interesting indescribable feeling for me -- best categorized as relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.