May 16, 2007

Brother Orchid & Edward G. Robinson

This is a 1940 film about how a mobster, played by Edward G. Robinson, finds the good life in a California monastery and renounces his evil ways. This is just a wonderful film. It has Humphry Bogart as another arch-enemy mobster who causes Robinson to go into the monastery in the first place. After Humphry Bogart and his cronies are defeated when Robinson comes out of the monastery to deal with a woman he thought initially betrayed him...Robinson returns to the monastery with the classic lines that he had gone all over the world searching for class. He had thought class was gained only with dames, money and fancy clothes. Only now he realizes that class is an inside job. That is so true for me in all aspects of my life. So true. I never started to be fully happy no matter how hard I looked for happiness outside myself. Once I turned inward (for many reasons) I realize now that happiness/class was inside of me all the time. I just never saw it. Sheesh, why don't they make eyeglasses for the soul.
Hugs for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.