May 1, 2007

Point of View

John Donne said no man is an island but I am such an isolationist. I lament never knowing people who die because I am afraid to get to know them. Fear...is such an invisible motivator for me. I want to fit in, I want to get to know people but I work against that clear water of ... well, fear. So the best I can do some days is just make a kind remark and then run back into my safe place. But is isolation a safe place or is safety an illusion? Meanwhile, enjoy the picture. It is a very famous Lake Erie Island. Looks beautiful, doesn't it? There was a Confederate Prison Camp there during the civil war. So where is safety? It is all in your point of view.

2 comments:

  1. Jeez this is quite a heavy-going blog, as your attorney i recommend you visit mine at eclectichermit.blogspot.com and let music cheer you up. Are you an american?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.