March 8, 2007

On Animal Rescue and Loss

Living with loss...how much can you lose before you lose yourself? Three years ago I would have said I didn't want to think about what I'd lost. I didn't want to face it. And yet, loss keeps growing when I don't deal with it. So dealing with loss is a MUST DO even when I don't want to. I have been working on a lot of loss issues because losing control, losing people, losing pets makes me crazy. I used to worry about where I was going to find love because I didn't have any love inside for myself.

Recently, though, my daughter went to college. And in the empty space she left behind, I have discovered rescuing animals. And in doing that I have found grace and self-love which allows me to see things like life and loss in a bigger picture. In Buddhism there is a goddess of compassion. Her name is Quan Yin. Compassion = Grace. I often find myself thinking about her as I go through my day and those thoughts level out my mood and attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.