March 8, 2007

Of all the gin joints in all the world

March gets blamed for a lot of things. Windy weather, Caesar's death, crazy march hares from Alice in Wonderland just are a few things wrong with March. Personally? I have a grudge against it for my grandfather's death back in 1963 and now for the impending death of my brother-in-law. Winter is a cold and unforgiving time -- beautiful but not friendly. So cancer pulled up to our family this year. Again. Last time, my Newfoundland dog, Inde, got it. This time, my brother-in-law got it. And I find the usual blah, blah, blah from doctors and cancer websites even more aggravating. Yes, reality bites. I am mad. Not at the disease. It can't help itself. Not at the doctors. They can't help themselves either. I am mad about not being in control. I don't want my family to be vulnerable. I don't want to see them harmed by life. And yet life happens and we all happen to be a part of life. Of all the gin joints in all the world, cancer had to walk into mine. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.