March 18, 2007

Jelly Bean Therapy -- Working through Grief


Experts tell us that we need to pay attention to grief and numbness when going through loss periods of life. I say eat Jelly Beans along with the usual recommendations of "staying busy." For me, keeping active on the physical level helps keep my feet on the ground. Patting cats, feeding and washing their dishes, watching my fish swim through the aquarium fill in the empty spaces in my schedule. What becomes important for me is sitting with the grief without having to "do" anything else. Just sit. Kind of like socializing cats. So, sitting with grief, resting, food, more rest, and jellybeans for the quick energy I need to take care of myself. So let the jellybeans roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.