November 11, 2008

Fear

As a generalized anxiety disorder person, fear shadows my every day activities. Sometimes it is so bad, my throat closes down. Sometimes it is not present at all and I can breathe. For years I attributed my throat closing with GAD, only to find out it also included asthma. Who knew? I sure didn't. But I digress. The only times I don't feel this is when I am with my cats. So what's a cast-off legal secretary to do. The only job I am experienced in is legal. But legal jobs are high stress, especially in these economic times. Retool with the hope of getting into a lower stress job? Are there any lower stress jobs? Are there jobs I like? My laundry list is: library jobs and animal care jobs. Writing is high stress even though it is a solitary activity if only because what I write gets read by people I do not know. Bad? Good? I don't know. I just know I don't like to be challenged about things I have done because even when I check as I did this morning, endlessly about the spelling of a name, I continued to misspell it over 3 times. That is a concerning feature with the way gad and fear affects me. My ability to see clearly goes down the higher my stress goes up. It is a good thing I am not in the line for president.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.