March 13, 2008

Despair

I meet so many remarkably wonderful people who care deeply about the way the world is going. There seems to be an Ozone Hole in the Soul - not only in the sky above us. So I worry for all of us who are sensitive to what is going on in the world today. How much psychic scarring happens in a soul before despair sets in? That is such a deep well for me and often I dance on the edge of it when I am tired and just want to give up. So the best I can do is talk with others like me, talk with cat rescue people, admire my girls, and write in my blog. I am trying as well as I can to keep myself centered and grounded in this world using buddhist readings and other spiritual practices. Even got back into meditation more since my flirting with it in the 1970s with the wave of Transcendental meditation that swept through the college scene. I often wonder whether I opened chakras back then that are rampaging about now with the fibromyalgia because I didn't know I needed to shut the meridians down after meditation and do other after care like grounding myself. Sigh. We live and we learn (if we are lucky). I guess Dickens' comment "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times," will be my mantra today to maintain perspective. Because truly duality is all over the place. It just depends on whether we are looking up the mountain and are stuck at the trees we see or we are looking down from the top and can see all the horizons and richness around us.
May we all be blessed as we follow our hearts today.
Namaste,