January 30, 2008

Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace and the Media
My heart goes out to Dennis Kuchinich and his campaign. For some reason that I don't understand, mainstream media is not a fan of Dennis the Menace. (Nickname from his earlier political days as Mayor of Cleveland when the Cuyahoga River would catch on fire). Dennis now is sparring with NBC who decides who will be allowed to debate using NBC/MSNBC airwaves. They recently changed the "first four" rule to "first three" which prevented Dennis from participating in last Tuesday night's debate. This arbitrary and capricious change certainly kept me from judging for myself how Dennis would answer the questions posed to everyone on the dias. And I resent that 'right' being taken away from me. Frankly, I think Dennis has an absolutely vital point and I hope he finds some positive resolution in the court system. As a nation we absolutely cannot allow corporations to choose who our elected officials are going to be. And it is all too clear that this corporate choosing is the way of the future politically in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.