June 13, 2007

Just when I had given up on Fungus

I had a really really bad science fair project one year because I forgot to make sure I grew enough fungus for it. Years later, I cannot get rid of fungus that has attached itself to me. I know, I know, yech! However, I just ran across this handy little idea on dealing with Toenail Fungus and it uses (tada) SALT. I love salt. I really do. I first fell in love with it in Latin class when we learned that the word "salary" came from the Latin word for salt "sal". http://plateaupress.com.au/wfw/salary.htm


Soldiers were paid in salt which was used in many ways -- from preserving and flavoring food to sterilizing wounds. So salt was much valued by the Romans as they marched through the world fighting everyone they met. Anyway, I digress. Here is the cool use from the http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com website. "Cheap, effective cure for toenail fungussuggested by [unspecified] on Sunday, June 3, 2007 . I've tried every home remedy and otc product. Some were expensive, some helped but did not cure the problem, some time consuming. This is the best (and cheapest) cure. Twice a day, wash your feet and leave your toes and nails wet. Pour table salt on the wet nails, shake off the excess and put socks on. The salt will bleach out the yellow discoloration and the fungus cannot live in this salty environment!"
Cure from the http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Toe-nail-fungus.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.