June 14, 2007

Glums

When the glums hit, I try everything I can think of -- or not think of -- to get over them. And yet....glums are relentless....it is impossible to float on top of glums....sinking seems the reasonable, logical thing to do. I wish there were magic words to say when I feel this way. I truly do. I am in the now draped with past hates and future fears. I just have to remember that I can live through the glums just like I have lived through them before. Treat them like my pinpricks of feeling in muscles. Don't get stuck thinking about them, don't make them bigger than they are, don't intellectualize. Just accept the way I feel. Just for today -- tonight and that is enough for now....Some days I will be the bird flying high and sometimes I will be the stuff on the windshield.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.