May 25, 2007

It's a Good Thing...

Today's NPR report on foodstuffs we receive from China is extremely disturbing. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10410111 I mean the pet food recalls were just the tip of the iceberg. Now it seems that China's exports of foodstuffs to the U.S. are contaminated as well. And because the rate of exchange has been artificially held to a historic low in China, it has been much cheaper to have Chinese goods rather than pay U.S. producers for their food or vitamins. Add to that the shortage of FDA inspectors and we can expect more and more contaminated food coming to our very own tables. Sheesh. Globalization never was a good idea. Now it is deadly. It's a good thing I decided over the past few years to start cutting down as much as possible on medications. It's also a good thing I have never been much interested in food. Now if I can just find organic grocers who know where they get their products from I will be in good shape, I think. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.