May 15, 2007

Does Your Rear View Mirror Scare You?

If you live in the D.C. area you know instantly what I mean. There is always a truck or crazed busdriver tailgating me. There are always random cars switching lanes or cars refusing anyone to move over into their lane. Add to that the Tourist Buses who are a menace in and of themselves and the situation goes critical fast. So as I looked in my rear view mirror today to avoid an accident, I had a ephiphany. Driving down the highway looking in the rear view mirror is a lot like getting caught up on dwelling on something that happened to me many years ago. If I get stuck looking back, I can't see what is coming up fast, and I can't make sense of where I am right now. So enjoy your present. It is the only moment you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.