May 19, 2007

Might does not make Right

Arrogance. For many years I have told myself that I am the victim in all the things I have lost. Today, I realized, that what I have accused others of having, I have too. And I am humbled by that realization. For many years, I found solace in blaming others for what I lack. And I have been stuck in that blame. It is easy to blame and not look at my part of causing loss/lack in others. From the litter of puppies I told myself would help keep my 20+ year marriage together to the events of every other time I have lost love, my part in it was hidden to myself. I have been quick to flinch from the authority of those who actually are in authority -- judges, bosses, even doctors. I have been quicker to say I know what I am doing -- even when I don't -- because to admit incompetency is a long fear of mine. Admitting, honestly, my part is part of my path today. Admitting and expecting no return from it. Admitting will not bring back dead dogs, dead marriages, kids who lost me as a stay-at-home mom because I couldn't trust staying at home in a marriage that MIGHT fail. Might, might, might does not make right. It makes for bad decisions. May all beings be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.