April 25, 2007

Things I Never Knew About Phases


When I was in school, I always thought the moon was the only thing I needed to learn about that had phases. I was wrong. Now I realize there are phases I never learned about in school. Phases like my kids went through -- the terrible twos, the teenage years. Now in my mid-50s, I realize there are more phases to face. I know, you're thinking that I have to deal with getting old. Well, there is that but there is more to it. Different ages bring different challenges. In some ways, tougher because if I make mistakes at this age I won't have as much time to fix them. In some ways, rougher because after a number of years building a certain personna as a Mrs. and working mom, I am now a Mrs. who doesn't fit that personna anymore. And frankly letting go of who I was is far tougher than letting go of who I was married to. Evolution...is a process. Some species made it to today. Some didn't. I plan to make it through this phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.