April 24, 2007

Drains and The Infinity of Emptiness

Draining...plumbers' helper for the clogged brain...migraines. Actually, migraines and myofascial are a very important part of my path to serenity. Like most of the folks I knew growing up, staying busy was important. It didn't really matter what I did as long as I looked deeply involved in it. When the pain started, though, my world got severely and suddenly circumscribed. Things I could do without effort suddenly took an immense toll on me. Both physical activity and emotional upset. And I just hurt more and more until I learned I needed to study the art of holding with an open hand things I used to crush with control.

But unlearning life long habits is not for the weak of will. Indeed, it takes a mindful understanding of the way my mind affects my physical self to be able to start learning to let go, to unlearn, to stop hurting myself and drain the pain away. I know I have much to learn. But I am much better having a path instead of feeling trapped. So just for now, I will read this link to Japanese Gardening Books which promises to be another path of healing for me. http://www.stonelantern.com/booksjapanesegarden.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.