March 14, 2007

Departed but Never Gone


2007 has been a terrible year so far. I just want it to stop, rewind, restart and have a better film editor -- one who rewrites the script. Meet Dan, my brother in law who just died on March 10th after a short and brutal fight with cancer. Rest in peace, Dan. I was going through old file photos and discovered this classic shot of you with one of the two siamese you and my sister had together. You were such a major cat hugger.

And I am so angry at the cancer that killed you that I want to scratch out the eyes of every single cancer cell I meet on the street. This, I know, is completely unrealistic. Cancer cells don't wander around on the street. But I sure wish they did. I don't think I have ever felt this way about a disease before. You were such a gentle kind soul. And now? Gone. Just like I wish 2007 was. Until we all meet again, Dan, love from this end of the family to you, my sister, your cats and your family. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.