November 19, 2008

Queasiness

Niacin or Vitamin B3 is being studied currently as a means to slow or prevent altzheimers disease. Sadly, my grandmother had altzheimers but none of us realized it until the autopsy results. We just thought she was weird from forever. A funny old bird. She died back in 1983 but my fear of altzheimers' lingers. I started taking niacin after hearing about this study on genetically altered rats who come down with memory loss. Starting to take niacin now, I feel badly for those rats because the niacin is making me queasy, shaky and really exhausted. On top of myofascial syndrome, this is not a good thing. So I am stopping the niacin to see if the nausea goes away. If it does, then I will feel (a) much better but (b) keep worrying about how to prevent the memory loss. Perhaps I will take a lower dose and see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.