June 6, 2007

Personal Myth-teries

As I (ouch) look at my retirement calculations (I will have to work until the end of the world basically), I realized my glumness was caused by certain expectations. Myth 1: I can retire. Myth 2: I will have all the money I need when I retire. Myth 3: I will have health insurance. Myth 4: I will have social security. Myth 5: I will have social security funds. Myth 6: I will not have to worry about renting a house and getting evicted because I won't have enough money for that month. Myth 7: I will have enough money for me and my cats. Myth 8: ... You get the idea. It is pretty depressing because none of those expectations are realistic in my life as it is today. Stay tuned. Who knows what will happen next? But my challenge is to wait for tomorrow instead of worrying about it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.