May 13, 2007

Humanities Majors Are Never Wasted

I majored in Humanities in college. Never had to sling hash for a living but really find folks under-appreciative of just how profound a humanities education actually is. For me at least, humanities puts life into perspective. From the day to day slogging to a more long view of the past that pulls all aspects from art, architecture, war, writings, history, religion, morals, ethics, music together when I start to study a period. It is more like intellectual archeology rather then just studying one aspect of a person's life. So, perhaps, it is no surprise I love watching PBS, History Channel, Lives of Henry the 8th, and other programs. I am spared from having to watch American Idol. Whew. Who knew a college education could be so useful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.