May 14, 2007

Family Fables

Family Fables are what we as a family unit tell ourselves to feel better, stronger, different and special. Even if all we may be is as lowly as a street sweeping snail. The fables my family told me...some are probably true, some are probably not true. But all are in my own personal mythos. I don't have the talent or the time to go through all the family papers I have to document whether what I have in my mythos is true or not. It doesn't matter, though. Because true or false, it is real for me. And that reality has pretty much defined who I am now inside. In fact I have had to really stop to take a good look at who I actually am as opposed to who I thought I was. And I find at this late date, I am much different than I thought. And it is all good.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.