May 31, 2007

Eleanor Roosevelt ... and Letting Go of Inferiority

Who knew letting go was so essential? Not me, for sure. I learned last night that I am still holding on to the "mini-me" I was between 5 to 8. Halcyon days at 5 turned nightmarish at 8. No details per se, just impressions. And memories. I used to blame everyone else for the anger and concommitant pain and fear. But I am learning to be more like Eleanor Roosevelt--a much maligned figure of my youth which makes me wonder how the women of the 50's and 60's got her contributions so very wrong.



“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
Eleanor Roosevelt quotes (American United Nations Diplomat, Humanitarian and First Lady (1933-45), wife of Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd US president. 1884-1962)
Similar Quotes. About: Inferiority quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.