May 18, 2007

Angel and Lorne

Why the Angel series continues to rock my soul ... is no surprise to me. The show just hits on all the notes in the scale for me...passion betrayed, redemption, coming to life, change, music as a force for good. http://www.answers.com/topic/angel-tv-series Why this show got cancelled though continues to elude me. The writing was just as awesome as the current show Heroes and the soon to end Sopranos. The themes are just as profound. All I can surmise is that the bottom line of advertisers and their need to show a profit to shareholders caused the show's downfall. Mediocrity in tv is not new. But it seems more rampant in these days of bottom line, lowest common denominator entertainment. Smut sells, thought does not. It is especially sad now when all of us need to be reminded of these issues of redemption, change, justice and mercy to guide our actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.