April 30, 2007

Twitches


To help ease hand stress, I just starting using one of those fancy ergonomic devices last week. It is a mouse with a positioning ball on it. I am still on a learning curve/curse with it though. I have to "think" every time I use it because old habits with me die hard. And not only in my mind but in my hand. Every time I positioned the location on the screen using the ball device, my thumb twitched violently. Perhaps it was to show me there was a lot of stress stored up in that nerve. Perhaps in protest to being replaced as an unreplaceable item. Whatever the reason, that nerve made me realize that twitches are useful indicators of where nerves are frozen in my body. So this weekend I just slept in my spare time. Didn't do my usual routine of watching tv thinking I am relaxing. I just slept instead. As Miles Vorkosigan's says in the Barrayar series by Lois McMasters Bujold, "Let's see what happens." Until then....

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.