April 23, 2007

Rapacious Creditors--Not Who You'd Think

I am beginning to believe the next most rapacious creditor - next to death - are the lobbying groups in America. Last year, I gave to a number of rescue and environmental lobbying organizations. This year, I've had a change of philosophy and plan on giving time instead of bucks. But that doesn't stop the Democratic National Committee and its various clones from calling me after 9 pm on weekends to request aid. It doesn't stop the other environmental lobbying groups from calling either.

Rescue groups are not as well organized although they need the money even more than the dems or the environmentals. So I try to pick up the calls from them. But to avoid the others? I had to stop to think about the best way to do that and finally realized that I don't have to answer.

So now I look at the who is calling information on my phone and if I don't recognize the number or the person I answer and immediately hang up. What would my parents who taught me proper phone manners say? Probably "right on." Until then

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.