April 30, 2007

On Squirrels and Newfoundlands


This is edited from an old email to an animal rescue friend.
******************************************************
I just found your great and funny and wise email a whole month after you wrote it. There are no ghosts....just unread emails! ... Years and Years ago, I had a squirrel get into my house and my daughter pointed to the curtain and lisped (she was 4 years old at the time) that there was a squirrel on the curtain. I pooh, poohed only to discover there really was a squirrel making free with the curtain that hung over the fold out couch. Eeeck. So we scared the squirrel who jumped onto the couch and then beat feet into the coils and things inside. I unfolded the couch part way to scare him out. Didn't work because I stopped when I thought of squishing him in there. So I brought in one of the dogs who really scared him and he ran out of the house with me following him with a broom. The neighbors must have smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.