April 27, 2007

Channelling Anger and Desperation

When animals chew paws off to escape traps...it is called smart or weird depending on your point of view. I know now from personal experience, that the gnawing is alive and well for me. When I hurt, I claw at myself. I don't have tattoos. I don't need them. I have scars instead. So finding a way to contain the pain is essential if I want any skin left unclawed. And I don't work well with any of the migraine medications to prevent migraines. And the pain medications prescribed are pretty much no better or worse than OTC meds. I guess that's pretty lucky because at least I don't have to worry about getting hooked on a serious drug. What I have found is that Excedrin Migraine works very well for the body aches. And other things like naproxen work well too for pain prevention. With a backup plan like the only migraine med that works for me, I am in as good shape as I can be in. Now if I can only find some other way to channel the anger at the pain...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.