March 28, 2007

Deadwood -- the Incredible Lightness of Letting Go

I love words. Tonight's word is "deadwood." What Passover reminds me of most is loss not renewal. I know, I know, that sounds weird for Jew to say. But what the Jews in Egypt lost was their life of slavery. Changing from what hurts us but is familiar to something unfamiliar but potentially better is just plain hard and very very scarey. Those Jews changed where they lived, what they did, and everything else familiar and went off into the Reed Sea with a guy who lisped -- Moses. So like the Jews celebrated at Passover, what do I need to let go so I can go on with the rest of my life? I can start by dropping the deadwood in my life of anger, resentments, envy, pride and fear. Those are all big weights for me. I am tired of hauling them around with me everywhere I go. So how to drop them? Should I file a psychic environmental impact statement? Probably should because my resentments and anger run deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.