May 28, 2007

Victory at ... What

I knew I would hate myself if I watched that classic, Victory at Sea. It is a marvelous documentary. But it reminds me of the America I used to know. You know, the one that had honor. The one that had enough plants at home to make all the war materiel for the effort -- from steel made in Pittsburgh, to cars, tanks and airplanes made all over the rest of the U.S. So today ... Memorial Day ... 2007. Perhaps America never had the honor I was taught it did back in the day. Sometime soon, I expect the clowns in office to decide that we need to invade Iran to distract the U.S. citizens that we are dishonorable as a nation. I expect that soon. Now that Congress blinked. Now that the Democrats who were elected to get us out of Iraq have refused to stay the course. Now that we hear more and more about awful things Iran does. And who do we hear those reports about Iran awfulness from? Media, executive branch, .... It is entirely possible we will go to war over a professor or over an IAEA report about nuclear development. I respect the troops. I do. I respect them enough to want them to come home to take care of the folks endangered by the lack of state guards and by the lack of materiel that went over to Iraq. It really is a shame that for us to fund the war in Iraq we need to depend on materiel made in other countries. If Homeland Security needs to look for security--perhaps they need to restart the one part of the military-industrial complex that doesn't exist here anymore in outsourced America. The industry. But then it would not be good for the bottom line of what the stockholders expect from Wall Street, would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.