May 25, 2007

Myofascial Syndrome

One of the reasons I write about myofascial syndrome so much is that it is such an orphan syndrome. It is the Rodney Dangerfield of the chronic pain syndromes. Not written about as exhaustively as fibromyalgia or arthritis, it is just as difficult to deal with. Perhaps more, because it is underrated by fellow pain sufferers as a garbage pail diagnosis. I went through three neurologists, one brain surgeon, and the Johns Hopkins neurology department before finding my neuro-ophthalmologist who diagnosed what I had. It doesn't seem to matter to fibro folks that President John F. Kennedy had myofascial syndrome. We just don't get no respect. So I write to explain what I go through hoping to help others who are searching for what the heck is making them hurt so much. Raising awareness as well as writing to heal myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.