May 18, 2007

The Heck with Waiting for Godot

Waiting for Godot was one of those philosophic forays into the 20th Century angst for Where is G*d? Even though playwright Beckett denied this. Here is the Answers.com page on it. http://www.answers.com/waiting%20for%20godot My reason for mentioning it is as a legal secretary I have been waiting for that virtual secretary to replace me. And now that day is here. My firm has now contracted with a group in North Dakota to provide virtual administrative and secretarial assistance to our attorneys. Oh, of course, it is being soft-pedalled to us old timers as a huge help because this firm offers 24/7 service and is available anytime, any weather, whatever the project to the go-getter generation. Maybe this is another variation of the old joke series of ___s never die they just ... so perhaps this is where old secretaries go? For a good laugh about the old ____s, http://gdl.msu.edu/~vanhoose/humor/0070.html. So for me, I just guess I will take two laughs and start looking for employment that doesn't turn into bottom line economics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...Rewind your thoughts before commenting.